Monday 7 September 2009

MEDIA SUMMER

Throughout my summer, I have come across a variety of media texts that caught my attention. The first text that attracted my attention was the film 'The Strangers'. The 'thriller' genre of the film was captured perfectly through the intensive use of close-ups and invisable editing. This brilliant editing, added to some cleverly time music as well as supreme acting resulted in a film that was well worth the time.

Furthermore, the music produced this summer was also of some interest. It seems that Robbie Williams is set to return to the higher end of the music charts. His second album, 'I've been expecting you' sold just over 2.5 Million, where as his next album sold a disappointing 0.5 million; this was meaning due to poor advertisement and extremely poor word of mouth. However, his new album is set to bring him back to the top, if it will or not is yet to be seen.

Lastly, it was teen series 'The Inbetweeners' that seems to be toping the telly ratings in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment